Sunday, May 25, 2014

First Impressions

I had mixed feelings about moving to India. Not having heard much to encourage my expectations, I arrived very skeptical and ready to face all kinds of unpleasantness. What I found was a beautiful new airport and a city full of life all night long. From the first moment, I was captivated. There was so much to see and figure out! Constant horn tapping, masses of humanity spilling out from make-shift houses into the road, vehicles of all eras weaving into scant openings in traffic, and always, always people starring.

This is a typical scene in Mumbai which most natives still call Bombay. Newer high-rises coexist with all sorts of homes and stalls right up to, and often into, the streets.


I snapped a constant stream of pictures each time we drove anywhere.





Everything is fascinating! I think I'm going to love it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment